We are happy that you have decided to invest your dental health with us at Laser + Holistic Dental.
Please use the points below as a guide to prepare for your first appointment.
Before the appointment
- Please make sure you have paid your booking deposit to secure your appointment time slot. This deposit will be credited against your appointment.
- Fill out the new patient questionnaire and make sure to answer all questions. The new patient questionnaire can be found here.
- Find your most recent dental x-rays and any other relevant clinical information. Please bring this with your new patient forms. Please note we may require new dental x-rays if current x-rays do not include critical diagnostic information.
- Plan your route, either drive and park in our free parking behind the clinic off Balmoral St or catch one of the many public transport options. We have disabled access at the rear of the building next to the car park – please notify us ahead of time should disabled access be required.
- If you have private health insurance, please remember to bring your card so you can claim on the spot.
When you arrive
- If you don’t have your new patient forms, please arrive 15 minutes early to complete them before your appointment.
- Check in with reception, let them know who you are and which appointment you are booked in for.
- Please take a seat in the waiting room. While you are waiting our reception staff will go through your forms. If there are any unanswered questions the receptionists will ask for you to complete them.
- Our staff will take you through to the consult room where you will meet Dr Lisa or Dr Ed and begin your consultation.
- In the consultation we will go through your patient forms in detail to understand your health situation and needs. Following this our dentists, Dr Lisa or Dr Ed, will conduct an oral examination in the dental chair.
- Once charting and the examination is completed our receptionists will receive payment help you make your next appointment.
- After their first appointment most patients will want a treatment plan to be made up. The treatment plan will divide your future appointments up, giving you an estimation of cost and providing you with the item numbers and tooth numbers. This information can be used to follow up with your health insurance to see how much will be claimed. It usually takes us 2-3 business days to prepare the treatment plan once you have requested it.